Motorbike Safety Certificate

Get your Motorbike Safety Certificate...

What is a Motorbike Safety Certificate?

A Motorbike or Bike Safety Certificate allows you too be sure that your vehicle is safe for you, your family and others to drive and be on the road around you.

It also allows you to sell your Motorbike or Bike as a registered vehicle in Queensland. A valid safety certificate must be displayed on the Motorbike or Bike throughout the sale process and at the time of sale.

In November 1999, the safety certificate replaced the roadworthy certificate. A safety certificate covers basic things that could affect the safe operation of the vehicle, such as:

- Tyres
- Brakes
- Steering
- Suspension
- Body rust or damage
- Windscreen
- Lights.

The safety certificate is designed to offer buyers better protection and to ensure newly registered vehicles are safe. This means there will be fewer unsafe vehicles on Queensland roads, reducing the likelihood of crashes caused by defective vehicles.

A Motorbike safety certificate is a document provided by an authorised Motorbike or vehicle inspection provider and gives a detailed report of the Motorbikes condition.

How do I obtain a Motorbike Safety Certificate?

In Queensland you must obtain and display a safety certificate on any registered light vehicle including your Motorbike from the moment you offer the Motorbike or vehicle for sale. It is also a requirement for unregistered second hand and registered interstate vehicles to obtain a safety certificate as part of the Queensland pre-registration process (unless exempt).

Vehicles include Motorbike, motorbikes, Motorbikes (including Motorbikes) with an aggregate Motorbike mass (ATM) of 0.751–3.50 tonnes (t) and any other vehicles up to 4.50 t gross vehicle mass (GVM).

Simply get in touch with our friendly and professional Caraavan safety certificate specialist team and let us organise a vehicle inspector to visit you at your home or office to carry out any testing of the vehicle you intend on registering or selling.

Vehicle registration transfer

Download a Vehicle Registration Transfer Application form (F3520).

Enquire online now about a Motorbike Safety Certificate!

Call us on (07) 5549 2511 to find out more about how to get your Motorbike safety certificate, roadworthy certificate, pre-approval vehicle check or modification plate with Safety

Our friendly and professional staff can assist you with your Motorbike safety certificate or Motorbike roadworthy certificate requirements no matter how big or small it might be! Click Here to send us an Email now!

^ Back to Top